He is an absolute top-tier company lawyer. He is a superb technical lawyer.”Chambers & Partners
David Sellar KC has done company and insolvency work for well over 30 years, having worked in those areas in the City of London, been a partner in a solicitors’ firm in Scotland and also taught at Edinburgh University. Much of David Sellar’s work is advisory in the course of proposed transactions. It also includes applications to the Court of Session in relation to takeovers, capital structures and insurance and banking business transfer schemes, including all of the demutualisations of Scottish insurance companies since 1996.
David is ranked in the current edition of Chambers and Partners UK Bar guide for Company law, Insolvency/Restructuring, Pensions and Commercial Dispute resolution.
- Ampersand Advocates Recognised in The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom 2024 Edition9 June, 2023
- Ampersand Advocates continues Top Rankings success in 2023 Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide20 October, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates ‘goes above and beyond at all times’ in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings26 September, 2019
- Ampersand advocates recognised as leaders in their field in Who’s Who Legal 2019: UK Bar 201931 March, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018