He is an absolute top-tier company lawyer. He is a superb technical lawyer.”Chambers & Partners
David Sellar QC has done company and insolvency work for well over 30 years, having worked in those areas in the City of London, been a partner in a solicitors’ firm in Scotland and also taught at Edinburgh University. Much of David Sellar’s work is advisory in the course of proposed transactions. It also includes applications to the Court of Session in relation to takeovers, capital structures and insurance and banking business transfer schemes, including all of the demutualisations of Scottish insurance companies since 1996.
David is ranked in the current edition of Chambers and Partners UK Bar guide for Company law, Insolvency/Restructuring, Pensions and Commercial Dispute resolution.
- Ampersand advocates recognised as leaders in their field in Who’s Who Legal 2019: UK Bar 201931 March, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017