Commonwealth Lawyers Association Webinar: Rationing Healthcare in Times of a Global Pandemic
This is an external event hosted by the Commonwealth Lawyers Association
Many Commonwealth countries healthcare systems face unprecedented levels of demand. The media is reporting that many intensive care units are or are soon to be full. How does the law ration access to life saving healthcare and how do Commonwealth judges make such decisions? Is it even a question of law or is it really an ethical decision?
The event is taking place on 16th March at noon GMT and will be broadcast live on YouTube.
Speakers include Ampersand’s Lauren Sutherland QC.
- John McKendrick QC, CLA Executive Committee
Keynote remarks :
- The Hon. Mr Justice Hayden, Vice President of the English Court of Protection
- Raja Eileen Soraya, Partner, Messrs Raja, Darryl & Loh, Malaysia,
- Lori Stoltz, Morris+Stoltz+Evans LLP, Canada
- Lauren Sutherland QC, Scotland
- ‘La-olu A. Osanyin, Vice President (Africa), World Association for Medical Law (WAML), Nigeria
- Fiona Scolding QC, Landmark Chambers, England