More than 40 members are available to tackle personal injury cases of all types.
Due to the strength in depth we are able to cover the whole range of personal injury cases, from the most serious and complex to the simplest claims. We have wide experience of advising on and appearing in claims arising out of accidents at work, industrial disease, product liability, occupier’s liability, holiday claims, and road traffic accidents.
Ampersand has one of the largest and most successful personal injury practices at the Scottish Bar. Legal commentators remark that Ampersand “offers a formidable level of experience and is roundly praised by instructing solicitors for its provision of ‘a wealth of specialist personal injury advocacy and expertise’” and “has an impressive record in terms of its work on catastrophic and fatal injury cases. Several of Ampersand’s advocates also command respect in the spheres of industrial disease and clinical negligence.”
Our members regularly appear for both pursuers and defenders in the leading personal injury cases in the Sheriff Courts, including the All-Scotland Personal Injury Court, the Court of Session and the UK Supreme Court. Some of our members are also instructed to appear before the First Tier Tribunal in criminal injury compensation claims.
- Teacher and assistant fail in action following injuries caused by pupils at complex needs primary school8 March, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Kay Gibson and Others v Babcock International Limited  CSOH 78 – Secondary Exposure and Secondary Evidence3 September, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017