More than 40 members are available to tackle personal injury cases of all types.
Due to the strength in depth we are able to cover the whole range of personal injury cases, from the most serious and complex to the simplest claims. We have wide experience of advising on and appearing in claims arising out of accidents at work, industrial disease, product liability, occupier’s liability, holiday claims, and road traffic accidents.
Ampersand has one of the largest and most successful personal injury practices at the Scottish Bar. Legal commentators remark that Ampersand “offers a formidable level of experience and is roundly praised by instructing solicitors for its provision of ‘a wealth of specialist personal injury advocacy and expertise’” and “has an impressive record in terms of its work on catastrophic and fatal injury cases. Several of Ampersand’s advocates also command respect in the spheres of industrial disease and clinical negligence.”
Our members regularly appear for both pursuers and defenders in the leading personal injury cases in the Sheriff Courts, including the All-Scotland Personal Injury Court, the Court of Session and the UK Supreme Court. Some of our members are also instructed to appear before the First Tier Tribunal in criminal injury compensation claims.
- Ampersand Advocates continues Top Rankings success in 2023 Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide20 October, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 500 in 2023 guide4 October, 2022
- Lauren Sutherland QC calls to Bar of England and Wales and joins Byrom Street Chambers3 February, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide 202221 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 50018 October, 2021