Ampersand has long been involved in the provision of both advice and representation of clients in a range of building, engineering (including marine) and shipbuilding work, as well as related insurance bond matters. Members of the stable have appeared in cases at all levels of the court system, from the Supreme Court to the Sheriff Court, as well as in arbitrations and adjudications.
In the arbitration and adjudication field, the stable can offer experience both in appearance and advisory work, but also of sitting as adjudicators and arbitrators.
The range of work in the construction industry covers the width of claims from the commonly encountered defects actions of delay and loss and expenses claims on the one hand to the more unusual cases of PFI, PPP, determination and insurance defects on the other.
- Rough justice, smoother delivered – An article by Ampersand’s Nick McAndrew15 September, 2020
- Ampersand Advocates ‘goes above and beyond at all times’ in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings26 September, 2019
- Ampersand advocates recognised as leaders in their field in Who’s Who Legal 2019: UK Bar 201931 March, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017