Crime and Regulatory Law
Ampersand members have extensive working knowledge and experience of all of the practical aspects of regulatory criminal cases including all aspects of Health and Safety Law. Many members have held appointments as Crown Counsel (senior public prosecutors in Scotland) and have successfully conducted complex and high profile cases at first instance and in the appellate courts for both the Crown and the defence.
One of the strengths of Ampersand is the very real breadth of understanding of all the criminal and civil aspects that arise in cases involving Health and Safety prosecutions including admissibility of evidence, procedural issues, human rights issues and the sensitive reputational aspects that inevitably arise. Ampersand members are regularly instructed in the public and fatal accident inquiries conducted in Scotland following investigations in health and safety matters.
- High Court full bench finds nobile officium petition by rape complainer competent19 March, 2021
- Appeal of Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi refused15 January, 2021
- Reissue of the Health and Safety at Work volume of the Stair Memorial Encyclopaedia published30 October, 2020
- Ampersand QC speaking at Nursing Homes Claims PEOPIL’s webinar4 June, 2020
- The ayes have it in ‘fascinating’ rape debate29 November, 2018