Ampersand is home to a number of members with intellectual property expertise.
Its members have extensive experience in all types of intellectual property disputes, including trademark, patent, design right, copyright and passing off cases as well as enforcement work on behalf of clients such as Sky plc, PRS for Music and PPL.
Its members regularly appear in these cases in the sheriff courts, the Court of Session and the UK Intellectual Property Office.
Their expertise is recognised by all the leading legal and intellectual property directories including Chambers & Partners, the Legal 500 and the World Trademark Review.
Ampersand understands the importance of intellectual property to businesses and the urgency with which protective proceedings may require to be raised. Members can advise on the best course of action in these situations and their advice is always tailored to meet the needs of the client which can include negotiation, undertakings or raising court proceedings with interim interdict
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes World Trademark Review 2018 rankings26 January, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017
- Landmark Decision in Scottish Trade Mark Appeal24 July, 2017