Susanne Tanner KC took Silk in 2016, having called to the Bar in 2000. She is an experienced court practitioner who is always thoroughly prepared and has superb attention to detail.
She has built up and maintained a quality practice spanning:
- Reparation law, including personal injury and clinical negligence;
- Criminal law, both prosecution and defence, in first instance work and appeals, including appearing in the Supreme Court, as well as a complex private prosecution application;
- An interest in regulatory criminal matters, Health and Safety prosecutions, corporate financial crime and civil recovery proceedings;
- Fatal Accident Inquiries and public inquiries, including an appointment as Counsel on a high profile public inquiry;
- Property law and conveyancing;
- Commercial law; and
- Alternative dispute resolution, in particular arbitration, in which she holds professional qualifications and is working towards Chartered Arbitrator status. She is a Member of the Faculty Dispute Resolution Service and has been appointed as arbitrator for Motor Insurers’ Bureau cases for untraced and uninsured drivers.
She also sits as a tribunal chair in the First-tier Tribunal Housing and Property Chamber as well as the Health and Education Chamber, holds a number of academic appointments and is the Executive Editor of Green’s Scottish Education Manual.
Susanne is also a Door Tenant at Crown Office Chambers, London.
- Susanne Tanner QC has been commissioned as Assistant Principal Crown Counsel14 December, 2021
- Susanne Tanner QC publishes Report on review of Edinburgh Council’s whistleblowing culture13 December, 2021
- City of Edinburgh Council unanimously accepts Inquiry team’s Recommendations in the Sean Bell Inquiry29 October, 2021
- New Stable Director appointed at Ampersand Advocates29 September, 2021
- Ampersand’s Susanne Tanner QC appointed as arbitrator for Motor Insurers’ Bureau cases for untraced and uninsured drivers25 August, 2021