Ampersand is widely recognised as the leading set in Clinical Negligence at the Scottish Bar. Legal commentators remark that Ampersand is one of the “premier clinical negligence stables” and “continues to be recognised as one of the pre-eminent stables for medical negligence in Scotland. Both its senior and junior members consistently appear in market-leading cases, and it remains a go-to stable for high-value and complex cases”. Sources note that our members “knowledge of medicine and the issues which arise in brain injury cases is phenomenal.”
Our members are regularly instructed to represent private individuals, NHS Trusts, medical defence unions and private hospitals. Our members have been responsible for some of the most important and complex cases in this field including claims involving brain and spinal injuries and other catastrophic medical injuries, multi-party claims arising from the use of medical products and equipment, human rights, mental health issues and medical ethics.
Members of Ampersand are also experienced in helping their clients resolve Clinical liability disputes in a less litigious manner, whether through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Ampersand QC speaking at Nursing Homes Claims PEOPIL’s webinar4 June, 2020
- Ampersand welcomes Jenny Nicholson back to practice2 June, 2020
- Decree of absolvitor for Greater Glasgow Health Board28 May, 2020
- Decree of absolvitor for Forth Valley Health Board13 May, 2020
- Lauren Sutherland QC launches Clinical Negligence Law & Ethics blog5 May, 2020