Absolutely brilliant. Very approachable and very thorough. Her expertise is wide ranging and the advice she gives is clear and concise. She is proactive and extremely brightChambers & Partners UK Bar 2018
She is good at explaining and presenting information clearly... Always clear-headedChambers & Partners UK Bar 2019
Laura-Anne has a civil practice with particular emphasis on commercial law, planning and environmental law and public law. She is listed in Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500 for Planning and Environmental law. Since calling to the bar in 2009 Laura-Anne has been instructed in a variety of general commercial matters including company and insolvency matters, contractual disputes and shipping matters. She has been instructed for developers and local authorities in planning disputes, for interested parties in fatal accident and public inquiries, and in relation to judicial reviews. Laura-Anne has extensive advocacy experience. Before calling to the Scottish bar she practised as an advocate in South Africa from 2002 and continues to hold membership at the South African bar. She called to the bar of England and Wales in 2008. She has appeared in the UK Supreme Court, Court of Session, the Sheriff Court and various tribunals and inquiries.
Laura-Anne is a Standing Junior Counsel to the Scottish Government and is on the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s panel of counsel.
Laura-Anne was shortlisted for the Legal 500 UK 2019 Scottish Bar “Junior of the Year” award.
- Ampersand advocates appointed to EHRC panel of counsel29 April, 2019
- 2 Ampersand Advocates feature in the shortlist for “Scottish Junior of the Year” for the Legal 500 Awards 20195 December, 2018
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017