Real Estate Litigation
Ampersand is one of the leading sets for Real Estate Litigation. Our members are regularly instructed on behalf of property developers, institutional investors, banks, commercial landlords and tenants, local authorities, government bodies and others in relation to commercial property matters. The stable has a strong offering of both senior and junior counsel acting in the Supreme Court, the Court of Session, Sheriff Courts, the Lands Tribunal, the Scottish Land Court, and alternative dispute resolution fora.
Many of our members have top rankings from Chambers and Legal 500 in this area with particular dominance in commercial contract disputes, valuation and rating cases and construction. Recent successes include representation in cases on servitudes, contractual interpretation of development agreements, enforcement of notices, breach of lease, implementation of missives and dilapidations claims. From interim orders to enforcement of judgement, the advocates at Ampersand are well-equipped to work with solicitors and direct access bodies to give the best available client service. The emphasis is on combining commercial excellence and practical dispute advice based on a genuine understanding of the real estate market in Scotland.
- Ampersand Advocates continues Top Rankings success in 2023 Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide20 October, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 500 in 2023 guide4 October, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide 202221 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 50018 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide22 October, 2020