“Tim is an outstanding advocate - one of the best at the Scottish Bar. He is well-rounded, meaning that both his written work and advocacy skills are equally as strong. Clients also love him.”(Legal 500, Property, Planning and Construction – Band 1)
“He’s very hard-working, very clever, a good communicator and works well with the team.” (Chambers 2022, Real Estate Litigation – Band 2)
“He has broad-based expertise in commercial litigation and is a tenacious court operator.” (Chambers 2022, Commercial Dispute Resolution – Band 2)
“Timothy is very thorough and hard-working. He has very good attention to detail and meticulous preparation.” (Chambers 2022, Company – Scotland, Band 1)
“Very strong on case analysis, he is excellent at assimilating detail and has a great ability to get the essence of a case down on paper in pleadings and written submissions.” (Legal 500 2021, Commercial Disputes – Band 2)
Tim Young is a leading junior counsel with particular emphasis on commercial and public law disputes.
He has acted in many of the largest commercial disputes of recent years and has a wide range of experience in commercial contract disputes (particularly construction and IT contracts), trusts, property (including agricultural and crofting matters), banking, insolvency, and intellectual property.
He also has substantial experience of judicial review and statutory appeals in the field of public and administrative law, particularly public procurement disputes and professional discipline matters. As well as appearing in Court, he has appeared in a wide variety of tribunals, committees, and disciplinary hearings.
Tim is, also, a Standing Junior Counsel to the Scottish Government, and regularly appears in the courts for the Scottish Government.
He graduated with a first class honours from the University of Strathclyde. Throughout his career, he has maintained links with academia through tutoring Business Entities and Constitutional Law at both the University of Edinburgh and Napier University, and as an external examiner at Robert Gordon University. He is the contributing editor for the Companies Law (reissue) volume of The Laws of Scotland: Stair Memorial Encyclopaedia, and is the Deputy Editor of Session Cases.
- Administrative & Public Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking, Finance and Pensions
- Civil Liberties, Human Rights and EU Law
- Clinical Liability
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Competition, Procurement and Regulation
- Information Technology
- Media and Information Law
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Trusts and Succession
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide 202221 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 50018 October, 2021
- Liquidators of RFC 2012 Plc v. Clark and Whitehouse  CSOH 997 October, 2021
- New appointments of First Standing Junior and panel of Standing Junior Counsel to Scottish Government for Ampersand17 December, 2020
- Ampersand Advocates Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide22 October, 2020