"He has a sharp legal mind. Every angle is covered, which means that no matter how hard our opponents try, nothing comes as a surprise.”Chambers 2019, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Up and Coming
“He’s very good with the detail and is extremely good on his feet as well.” “He’s astute and good on the technical side of things.” (Chambers 2018, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Up and Coming)
Tim Young’s practice focuses on commercial and public law disputes. Since calling to the Bar in 2013, he has quickly developed a busy and wide-ranging practice in many areas of commercial law including commercial contract disputes (particularly construction and IT contracts), trusts, real estate, banking, insolvency, and intellectual property. He is regularly instructed in complex and high profile litigations in these areas, with senior counsel and alone.
He has, also, developed a broad experience of judicial review and statutory appeals in public and administrative law matters. He has particular experience of public procurement disputes and professional discipline matters. As well as appearing in Court, he has appeared in a wide variety of tribunals, committees, and disciplinary hearings.
Prior to calling to the Bar, Tim was a solicitor at a large commercial law firm. He graduated with a first class honours from the University of Strathclyde. He has, also, maintained links with academia through tutoring Business Entities and Constitutional Law at both the University of Edinburgh and Napier University, and as an external examiner at Robert Gordon University.
- Administrative & Public Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking, Finance and Pensions
- Civil Liberties, Human Rights and EU Law
- Clinical Liability
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Competition, Procurement and Regulation
- Information Technology
- Media and Information Law
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Trusts and Succession
- Ampersand Advocates ‘goes above and beyond at all times’ in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings26 September, 2019
- Lord Bannatyne acknowledges common law right to privacy in Scots common law28 June, 2019
- Lord Bannantyne issues Opinion in relation to a Multi-million pound dispute over termination of an IT Subcontract5 December, 2018
- Ampersand welcomes Tim Young7 May, 2018