Ampersand has a solid and growing reputation in employment and discrimination law. Our advocates practise across the whole spectrum of jurisdictions from the employment tribunal to the European Court of Justice, acting equally for individual claimants (and their insurers), trade unions, and corporate and public body employers.
The set includes leading senior counsel who has acted in many significant reported decisions in the appeal courts.
At the junior bar, the set includes counsel whose exclusive employment practise has merited ranking as leading counsel in employment by leading independent legal directories.
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Landmark case for Trade Union Law Firm and Ampersand’s Dorothy Bain Q.C.15 February, 2018
- UKSC dismisses Secretary of State’s appeal on whether employees of embassies could have the provisions of the State Immunity Act 1978 disapplied to allow bringing EU law based employment claims before Employment Tribunal18 October, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017