Ampersand Advocates are highly regarded for their knowledge of highly complex and technical issues related to solvent and insolvent restructuring. We have particular experience in the use of presenting Schemes of Arrangement for approval by the Court of Session.
Our advocates are regularly instructed by insolvency administrators in relation to the recovery of assets, whether by way of unfair preference or gratuitous alienation, as well as in complex actions alleging breaches of fiduciary duty and wrongful trading. Our counsel have experience of international asset-tracing, often through off-shore jurisdictions. Much of our restructuring practice has significant cross-border elements.
Our counsel were recently instructed in various litigations arising from the collapse of a £400 million hedge fund, as well as work in relation to the administration of Rangers FC. They also have extensive experience of advising insolvency administrators in relation to the interaction of insolvency law with public regulatory regimes and in seeking court authorisation for administrators’ proposals.
Our counsel also have experience of litigation arising as a consequences of insolvency, whether in relation to business names or directors’ disqualification proceedings, our advocates have acted both for the Secretary of State and for individual directors.
- Ampersand advocates recognised as leaders in their field in Who’s Who Legal 2019: UK Bar 201931 March, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide1 November, 2018
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Ampersand welcomes Alexander Sutherland29 June, 2018
- Court’s power to halt sequestration proceedings22 May, 2018