[Mr Gardiner’s] submissions were well thought out and eloquently presentedPetition of the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body 2016
Jamie Gardiner specialises in cases combining legal and financial analysis.
On the legal side, Jamie has broad experience across commercial disputes. He particularly enjoys technical points of contractual / statutory interpretation – and finding them in factually ‘messy’ cases. From 2005-2007 he practised as a Barrister in London, so is able to advise on questions of English law.
On the financial side, he likes spreadsheets, cross-examining accountants and insolvency practitioners, complex corporate structures, quantifying loss, valuing companies and interrogating financial statements.
Jamie developed these skills as a Business Consultant. From 2007 to 2015, he worked (latterly as Director) in Accenture’s Trading, Investment and Optimisation team. He led projects in the energy, financial services and beverages sectors. His clients included BP, British Airways, Diageo and a major bank.
(Where the names of parties have not appeared in published opinions, initials have been substituted)
- Ampersand QC outlines Faculty’s views on planned redress scheme8 October, 2020
- Lord Bannatyne refuses judicial review challenge to homosexuality risk in Zimbabwe10 September, 2019
- OAG announces Standing Junior Appointments8 August, 2018
- Getting the Most out of Legal Technology15 November, 2017
- Legal technology seminar to highlight opportunities for Scottish firms31 October, 2017