Fantastic; he always goes beyond what you need him to do and goes through everything with a fine-tooth comb.Chambers and Partners
He is very able and prides himself on efficiency”, “He is a very experienced practitioner who is very good to work with. The standard of his work is excellentChambers and Partners
Euan Mackenzie Q.C. is regularly instructed in cases of high value, importance and complexity in the field of medical negligence and personal injury. He has particular expertise in public law, public inquiries, planning and environmental law as well as personal injury and medical negligence. He has many years experience of preparing and conducting cases in the Court of Session and in other courts and tribunals. His clients include the Scottish Government, public sector bodies, commercial organisations, health boards, medical defence unions, local action groups and individuals. He was a standing Junior Counsel to the Scottish Government between 2006 and 2016. He was Junior Counsel to the Penrose Public Inquiry between 2009 and 2014 and second Senior Counsel to the Edinburgh Trams Public Inquiry from 2014 to 2019. He took Silk in 2016.
- Ampersand establishes itself as a leading set in Scotland for qualified mediators23 February, 2021
- Faculty of Advocates support for human rights National Taskforce13 June, 2019
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017
- Magnificent 6 new silk appointments at Ampersand20 September, 2016