0131 260 5674 (switchboard 9am to 5pm)
Crime and Regulatory Law
Ampersand members have extensive working knowledge and experience of all of the practical aspects of regulatory criminal cases including all aspects of Health and Safety Law. Many members have held appointments as Crown Counsel (senior public prosecutors in Scotland) and have successfully conducted complex and high profile cases at first instance and in the appellate courts for both the Crown and the defence.
One of the strengths of Ampersand is the very real breadth of understanding of all the criminal and civil aspects that arise in cases involving Health and Safety prosecutions including admissibility of evidence, procedural issues, human rights issues and the sensitive reputational aspects that inevitably arise. Ampersand members are regularly instructed in the public and fatal accident inquiries conducted in Scotland following investigations in health and safety matters.
To contact our clerks:
Telephone: 0131 260 5674 (switchboard 9am to 5pm)
- Sexual Offences Review webpage and Terms of Reference launched22 November, 2022
- UK Supreme Court allows appeal in James Craig US Extradition case23 February, 2022
- Susanne Tanner QC has been commissioned as Assistant Principal Crown Counsel14 December, 2021
- Ampersand’s Susanne Tanner QC and Una Doherty QC appointed as SSSC Legally Qualified Chairs9 June, 2021
- High Court full bench finds nobile officium petition by rape complainer competent19 March, 2021