Ampersand Advocates Clinical Negligence Seminar 2022
Ampersand was delighted bring our Clinical Negligence seminar back in 2022, returning in-person after a break due to the Covid-19 outbreak. This afternoon half day event attracted 3 hours of CPD and was followed by a drinks and social hour.
Chaired by Isla Davie KC, the programme was:
- 12.30pm to 1pm – Registration
- 1pm – Welcome from the Chair, Isla Davie KC
- 1.10pm to 1.40pm – Shane Dundas: “Lockdown legacy – medical negligence claims emerging post pandemic” – a consideration of the claims arising and potential claims to come, not related to covid, but to other loss or injury arising from services being paused or delayed during lockdown.
- 1.40pm to 2.40pm – Professor Draycott: “Fetal Impacted Head Syndrome: the New Shoulder Dystocia?”
- 2.40pm to 3pm – Mid-session break
- 3pm to 3.30pm – James McConnell: “Something old, something new, something borrowed…” – a practical look at the procedural rule changes in Chapter 42 cases, and tips that can be picked up from what has worked elsewhere.
- 3.30pm to 4pm – Jennifer Nicholson-White: The law on secondary victims in clinical negligence cases.
- 4pm to 4.30pm – Ayla Iridag: Case law update.
- 4.30pm to 5.30pm – Closing remarks and social hour
As part of our commitment to this area of practice there was no charge for practitioners attending this event.
As far as top Scottish clinical negligence practitioners are concerned, the name Ampersand is synonymous with excellence. This premier stable is acknowledged to have "the widest range of counsel in medical negligence with the broadest range of experience and knowledge".Chambers & Partners