He has significant court experience, backed by sound commercial awarenessLegal 500
Marcus has a specialist interest in planning and environmental law. He is regularly involved in all aspects of the consents process for major energy projects from initial advice on the requirements of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations (including Environmental Statement review work), to appearances at public inquiries and judicial review hearings in the Court of Session. Marcus has appeared at a wind farm inquiry in England and has experience of national infrastructure projects. He also acts for planning authorities and has successfully resisted applications for judicial review of planning decisions.
Marcus is listed in the Legal 500 where he is described as having “significant court experience, backed by sound commercial awareness.”
Marcus is a ranked silk in Chambers and Partners Bar guide, where he is “noted for his deep planning experience and praised by many for his meticulous attention to detail.” He is described as someone who “listens carefully to clients and will take on board your thoughts and views before reaching a conclusion. In court he is exceptionally good at putting a complex matter to the court”.
- “Ampersand’s advocates attract praise for their ‘excellent depth and breadth of knowledge’” – in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings29 October, 2018
- Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide2 November, 2017
- “Ampersand houses ‘an excellent group’ of advocates” – Strong showing for Ampersand in latest Legal 500 listings11 October, 2017
- Magnificent 6 new silk appointments at Ampersand20 September, 2016
- RSPB wins legal challenge to put offshore wind farms on hold21 July, 2016