Summer Clinical Negligence Conference 2018
Our annual Clinical Negligence seminar for 2018 took place on 18th June 2018.
Chaired by Douglas Ross QC, the programme was:
- 9:40am – Registration
- 10am – Welcome from Chair, Douglas Ross QC and opening remarks
- 10:05am – Dr Myles Connor, consultant neurologist “The role of the neurologist in functional neurological disorders”
- 10:45am – Dr Dan Rutherford, GP “5 minutes more – is safe practice sustainable?”
- 11:20am to 11:50am – Break
- 11:50am – Una Doherty, advocate “The withdrawal of life support treatment and the courts”
- 12:20pm – Isla Davie, advocate “Case law update – focussing on the Mesh Debate decision”
- 12:50pm to 1.40pm – Lunch
- 1:40pm – Fiona Drysdale, advocate “Implications of the Bawa-Garba case”
- 2:10pm – Professor Pat Price, Oncologist “Causation issues in delay in diagnosis of cancer cases”
- 2:40pm to 3.10pm – Break
- 3:10pm – Panel Discussion with Douglas Ross QC, Professor Pat Price, Dr Myles Connor & Dr Dan Rutherford
- 3:50pm – Closing remarks & questions
- 4pm to 5pm – Social hour
As part of our commitment to this area of practice there is no charge to attend this event.
This conference qualified for 4 hours of Substantive Law CPD and is APIL training accredited.
As far as top Scottish clinical negligence practitioners are concerned, the name Ampersand is synonymous with excellence. This premier stable is acknowledged to have “the widest range of counsel in medical negligence with the broadest range of experience and knowledge.Chambers & Partners