Ampersand Advocates Summer Clinical Negligence Seminar 2019
Our annual Clinical Negligence seminar for 2019 is on 17th June 2019.
Chaired by Vinit Khurana QC, the programme is:
- 9:40am – Registration, tea and coffee
- 9.55am – Welcome and opening remarks from Chair, Vinit Khurana QC
- 10am – Dr Alex Stirling, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, from the CMOS’ department “Realistic Medicine”.
- 10:35am – Euan Mackenzie QC “Procedural issues in clinical negligence litigation”
- 11:10am to 11:40am – Break
- 11:40am – Archie MacSporran, advocate on “The introduction of periodical payment orders”
- 12:15pm – Dr John Millar, Consultant radiologist on “In the dark? – The philosophy of error”
- 12:50pm to 1.45pm – Lunch
- 1:45pm – Dr Stephen Hearns, Consultant in Emergency Medicine “Decision making under pressure”
- 2:20pm – Isla Davie, advocate with a Case law update
- 3pm to 3.30pm – Break
- 3:30pm – Dr Sarah Cooper, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, “Is my baby normal?”
- 4pm – Closing remarks & questions
- 4.05pm to 5pm – Drinks and Social hour
As part of our commitment to this area of practice there is no charge to attend this event.
Numbers are strictly limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
As far as top Scottish clinical negligence practitioners are concerned, the name Ampersand is synonymous with excellence. This premier stable is acknowledged to have "the widest range of counsel in medical negligence with the broadest range of experience and knowledge".Chambers & Partners