She is marvellous to work with and focuses on getting the best for her clients.Clinical Negligence, Chambers & Partners
She is very good with high-value cases.
Lisa called to the Scottish Bar in 1995 and took silk in 2016. She was called to the Bar in England and Wales in 2019. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and an Ambassador for the Scottish Arbitration Centre.
Lisa specialises in clinical negligence and personal injury claims. She has extensive expertise in cerebral palsy cases and claims involving catastrophic injury and has acted in numerous multi-million-pound settlements.
Lisa is ranked in the Chambers and Partners UK Bar for both clinical negligence and personal injury:
“Absolutely brilliant, really astute and hard-working.” “She is fabulous with clients, keeps a cool level head and is always thoroughly prepared.”
The Legal 500 lists her in personal injury and medical negligence saying: “She is extremely hardworking, with extensive experience in high-value personal injury cases.”
Lisa is the author of and former lead tutor, on the personal injury elective for Edinburgh University’s Diploma in Legal Practice. [2011 and 2017] She is a former honorary senior lecturer at Glasgow University School of Medicine [2012- 2018] and was a visiting lecturer at Pavia University, Italy, in 2014 and 2015. She has also taught at Aberdeen University School of Law. She is regularly invited to chair or present at conferences. She teaches advocacy skills on a regular basis and has run an annual four-day advocacy skills course for a Scottish firm of solicitors for the past 10 years. She is an advocacy skills instructor on the Faculty of Advocates devils [pupils] training programme.
She is currently the Chair of the British American Project UK Executive Committee.
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide 202221 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates ranked as top tier set by Legal 50018 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide22 October, 2020
- Ampersand QC’s lined up for ‘glass ceiling’ panel discussion27 February, 2020
- Ampersand Advocates ‘goes above and beyond at all times’ in latest Legal 500 UK Bar listings26 September, 2019