0131 260 5674 (switchboard 9am to 5pm)
Has extensive experience in medical law mattersChambers & Partners UK Bar Guide
Phil Stuart has extensive experience in a wide range of areas of civil litigation. His main areas of practice are:
- Clinical negligence
- Personal injury
- Product liability
- Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Professional discipline
- Medical regulation
In clinical negligence, Phil is experienced in complex and high value cases, including those involving birth injuries, delayed diagnosis and fatal claims.
In personal injury, Phil is experienced in catastrophic injury claims, including brain injury and tetraplegia claims.
In product liability, Phil is instructed in ongoing actions in the Court of Session relating to medical devices.
In Fatal Accident Inquiries, Phil has experience of lengthy and complex inquiries concerning deaths in prison and hospital.
In professional discipline, Phil is particularly experienced in NHS work and has appeared extensively in the NHS Tribunal.
In medical regulation, Phil regularly advises on issues arising out of contracts and arrangements relating to the administration of the NHS, including in relation to general practitioners and dental practitioners.
Phil is also regularly instructed in other areas of practice, for example in cases relating to:
- Legal professional negligence
- Reparation for damage to property
- Judicial review
- Mental health law
- Ampersand Advocates continues Top Rankings success in 2023 Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide20 October, 2022
- Ampersand Advocates welcomes Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide 202221 October, 2021
- Ampersand Advocates Top Rankings success in latest Chambers and Partners UK Bar Guide22 October, 2020
- Jill Clark v Greater Glasgow Health Board  CSOH 2515 February, 2016