APIL Clinical Negligence Conference 2022
* External event hosting by APIL *
Ampersand’s Lauren Sutherland KC is the opening speaker at day one of the APIL Clinical Negligence conference, discussing Montgomery and Beyond.
Full programme and how to register can be found on the APIL’s website: APIL annual clinical negligence conference 2022
PEOPIL Event – Joint conference of the Medical Negligence EEG and the Product Liability, Pharmaceutical and Mass Tort EEG
2 day conference. Day 1 Clinical Negligence programme chaired by Ampersand’s Lauren Sutherland QC.
Full programme can be viewed here.
Video of event can be viewed via YouTube here.
The Personal Injury Virtual Conference – CLT Scotland event
*Central Law Training Scotland event*
Speakers include Ampersand’s Susanne Tanner QC speaking on “The use of Arbitration in Personal Injury cases”.
Full details of the other speakers and how to sign up on the CLT website here.
The Prorogation Case: A Panel Discussion
University of Edinburgh event
Professor Christine Bell (Edinburgh)
Professor Aileen McHarg (Durham)
Professor Stephen Tierney (Edinburgh)
Mr Paul Reid (Ampersand Advocates)
Time: 2pm – 4pm
This event is free and open to all. No registration necessary.
Inspire MediLaw event: Clinical Negligence Conference
An Inspire MediLaw event, chaired by Ampersand’s Lauren Sutherland QC.
Pulmonary embolism remains the leading cause of preventable in-hospital death. Thromboprophylaxis is the most important patient safety strategy in patients admitted to hospital.
As part of each speaker’s presentation on medico-legal issues in their field generally, we will also consider the use of thromboprophylaxis in patients within that specific practice area.
Chaired by Lauren Sutherland QC, this conference offers claimant and defendant lawyers the opportunity to learn from, and network with, leading consultants and medico-legal professionals.
Full details and how to sign up can be found on the Inspire MediLaw website here.
WS Society event: Intellectual Property Conference
WS SOCIETY PRESENTS
Former President of the UK Supreme Court, the Rt Hon Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, will give the keynote address to open our annual conference on IP law. Lord Neuberger will reflect on IP cases over which he has presided during his career. Lord Neuberger will be joined by other expert speakers to explore current issues in IP regulation and dispute resolution. Book now to participate in a varied technical morning of IP law, policy and regulation.
- The Rt Hon Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury
- Robert Buchan (Partner, Brodies)
- Joanna Boag-Thomson (Partner, Shepherd + Wedderburn)
- Martin Cooke (General Counsel and Secretary, The Edrington Group)
- Usman Tariq (Ampersand Advocates)
- Martin Sloan (Partner, Brodies)
- Jason Chester (Trade Mark Attorney, Marks & Clerk)
- Reflections on IP litigation across the UK Courts
- Scotland as a jurisdiction for the resolution of IP disputes
- GDPR one year on – issues for IP lawyers
- The implications of the ‘Gig Economy’ and flexible working on IP protection
- An in-house perspective on IP and brand protection
- IP case law update – the top 3 cases of 2018
- Writers to the Signet: £150 + VAT
- Non members: £200 + VAT
- Trainee/Student: £80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library
CPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS